The COMMUNITY Foundation for
Greater New Haven
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is a philanthropic institution that was established in 1928 as the community's permanent charitable endowment. For more than three generations, thousands of donors have built our community endowment by establishing permanent funds or making gifts to existing funds that distribute grants to a broad variety of issues and organizations. These donors, past and present, make their gifts to ensure that programs and causes that matter most to them will be supported today and forever.
The Community Foundation is one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the United States and remains the largest grantmaker in a twenty-town region located in the heart of central Connecticut. The Community Foundation is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 organization, and as such is exempt from federal income tax; donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Mission: To inspire, support, inform, listen to and collaborate with the people and organizations of Greater New Haven to build an ever more connected, inclusive, equitable and philanthropic community.
Vision: A community of expanding opportunity in which all people share a sense of common destiny and have the support and connections needed to build successful lives.
We pursue our mission by:
- Inspiring people to get involved in local issues;
- Providing leadership by mobilizing the community to address key local issues and by supporting others in their leadership roles;
- Responding to community priorities through grantmaking and in other ways;
- Raising new charitable resources to address current community priorities and for permanent endowment;
- Honoring the wishes of past donors and collaborating with current donors; and
- Growing the community’s charitable endowments by managing the financial assets entrusted to us.
Learn more HERE